Friday, May 22, 2009

Back at it, sorta

So, I've been conditioning a little. Running, dancing, calthesthenicizing (sic), the usual nonsense. Just gave up the ghost on the dancefloor. I was down in the groove on the latter half of Dar Williams' most recent album and was just flailing and turning like a wildman. And I didn't have the strength or the wind to maintain it or really get the center involved w/ the flailing limbs.
It's gonna be a while. Being older is not as fun as you always think it will be when you're younger. Not that 31 was ever the ideal age I was seeing in my imagination as a mal-adapted teenager. I always saw 25, 26. Those were the ages, and they were good ages for me, if busy and ultimating a little chicken-with-his-head-cut-offish. But I digress.
I was talking about music. To me, music is often about movement, but I do at times appreciate music as music sine qua non. I bet I used that wrong. I'm only 75% on that one. I don't remember the direct latin translation. The thing alone, maybe. I don't really know. I try to pretend, but in the end...
I should dance somemore. And maybe go for a run. No, definitely. Definitely run. Maybe. Can't stay here with this computer in my lap, as much as I like to ramble with my fingers across keyboards, sometimes. Like I said, back at it, sorta.

No comments: