Saturday, May 9, 2009

getting back that elusive groove freak

I've been negligent in my off season conditioning. It's the sad fact. I've got at least twenty pounds to drop if I want to get anywhere close to the place where I'll have the ability to dance like I know I'm capable of. That's about to seriously take a U-turn. My love of dance beats out anything else, especially the imm. grat. of unhealthy food and a weak conditioning program.
So, I am working diligently at this stage to get some vid.blog stuff up, here and at vimeo, but currently there's a certain tension in my dance, and a subtltly that is not easily captured on film.
But I will post soon, even if it's just stuff to rag on myself about, which I will do because I will include a self-deprecating and mostly just cracking on my self kind of audio commentary that will be available with the performances.

Just pulled a ticket stub out of the pack from last year, and it was Bebel Gilberto at the Paradise Rock Club. The show was last August, and I went just on the strength of her musical pedigree. It was about the second or third show I'd been out to since I'd return to Boston. But she drew me in instantly, and I was slinking, gliding, and deeply feeling the music, letting a deep listening to the words and music as a way of then translating that deep hearing into kinetic movement, trying really to represent the music that, at its best, flows through you.

It was definitely hot and tight. And her Japanese guitarist husband, was something to behold.
Something in deed.
I've got one month to Deer Tick, and Jenny Lewis. that's one month to restore my serious scedule of eating properly and excerising intensely, and constantly dancing with a wild abandon.

No comments: