Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why I can't

It has become painfully evident that I have a distinctly difficult time trying to write about concerts in the same way that I write about films or even about music that I listen to in the pricacy of my own corner of the world. I think the reasoning behind this whole nonsensical nonsense is the way I process music when I'm experiencing it live. It's not an intellectual thing for me. It's an absolutely corporeal/ecstatic involvement of the limbic and sensory-motor systems of the brain and mind over and against any kind of neo-cortical rational process. I think that's why I come away from shows sometimes not remembering even what songs were played or that I was even really there but in a dream. It's all so ethereal in my memory that when I sit down here and try to get some verbiage around it, I fail. So, it'll have to be a surreality of expression that suffices for my somewhat salacious sayings on music in time. That was a little silly. Never you mind.
So, that's how it'll have to go, and that's what it'll have to be. Just the general events surrounding the experience, and my own curious ramblings about what the show was to me in my head.

No comments: