Sunday, February 24, 2008

What we have left over from trouble

There's an elegance in fragility that I find very compelling. The strength of it is what I find most beautiful, and there is a certain contradiction to that. Such is the life we find in the world though, so make room for the possibility that a concept can hold within it opposing substrates and forces. It is in the spirit of delicate power that I speak and praise White Hinterland and Taken by Trees. Both these bands are fronted by women of magnitude and majesty, who also seem to feel as if they are more comfortable within the gates of their own soul than on a stage performing, and I say that as a compliment lest there be any misunderstanding. The performances were intimate and lush in a way that only comes from the lack of ostentation that accompanies the reluctant performer. As for dancing, there was to be none found in that most refined of audiences, and so I closed my eyes and let the music fill my being with the emotions it contained. I couldn't help but smile like a young child satisfied with things as they are in that moment, and barely held back the voice of my mind as it lept out with verses to go along with the lasting remnants of the music on my way back home. I'm going home.
Anyway, so I bought myself several books on conditioning for dance and choreography and somesuch, which is exciting. I'm going to try to start to take the process a little more seriously, and really try to school myself, teach myself, train myself, and build up the body of myself in preparation for becoming a spiritdancer. I really believe heavily that dancing is a crucial ingredient in my own spiritual fulfillment. Laugh if you must, but it is my truth. I am ernest and verdant in this desire to find comfort and peace in the ways of movement.

No comments: