Sunday, January 20, 2008

The old soul feel

If there's any artist today that has that old soul feel, it would have to be Cat Power. The haunting etherealness of her voice, the tender intensity, the minimalistic nature of what is ultimately really powerful music. I'm totally enamored with her, so it was no surprise that I jumped at the chance to see her live. I hadn't been to out to a concert in quite a while. The last thing I had seen was some friends of mine playing in a bar in Memphis almost two years ago, which for me is a long time between engagements. There's a lot to that, but I don't want this blog to be about all the crazy shit that became of me in Memphis. Let's just say that I was struggling to survive and mingle with the normal people, and that carried over to my return to Boston. It wasn't until I saw Cat Power was playing that I decided it was time to get over my people fears and venture out.

No comments: